Atlantic Lottery honoured for supporting local event excellence
Atlantic Lottery was in good company at the 2021 Event Atlantic Excellence Awards with six other incredible recipients celebrated for their work in events across Atlantic Canada.
The Excellence Awards were created by Event Atlantic to inspire and support growth, development and sustainability of event tourism throughout Atlantic Canada.
At this year’s inaugural event, awards were presented both to individuals and organizations who made significant impacts in the region’s event industry throughout 2019-2020. Winners took home unique awards thoughtfully designed by local artist Lori Nason (Fused Glass Diva).
The recipients included:
- HRM Holiday Projection Show, Event with a budget less than $100,000
- The Miramichi Striper Cup, Event with a budget between $100,000 – $500,000
- The Island Games – Canadian Premier League, Event with a budget over $500,000
- Heather Boyd, Volunteer of the Year
- Wayne Long, events development officer at City of Charlottetown, Champion of the Year
- The late Ian Fowler of Moncton, Chair’s Award
Atlantic Lottery was honoured to take home the award for Corporate Partner of the Year in recognition of our sponsorship and support of events across the region each year.
Atlantic Lottery’s involvement in community festivals and events would not be possible without all of the incredible, hardworking organizations and individuals who organize and host the events we support. Every event that Atlantic Lottery has partnered with deserves recognition too, so we extend our sincere thanks to them all.